IN PICTURES: Sneak peak of renovations inside Bradford’s historic theatre – St George’s Hall
Share this story
Work is continuing at a fast pace to complete the refurbishment of Bradford’s iconic theatre, St George’s Hall in time for the new year.
Bradford Council have released some images of the renovation so far. It’s been over two years since the venue closed and much work has already been done to bring new life to the Grade II listed building.
It is believed the total cost of the refurbishment is around £9million with the majority of the fund coming from Bradford Council and £1.5m of it coming from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Councillor Sarah Ferriby, Bradford Council’s Executive Member for Healthy People and Places, said: “The refurbishment of St George’s Hall will ensure that this heritage building is maintained and brought up to standard as a top class venue adding to the fantastic cultural offer in Bradford. Work is progressing well and I’m sure once complete will secure the building for future generations of audiences.”
The Box Office is now also open welcoming events for 2019. Tickets for the following events are now on sale and available to purchase from the Bradford Theatres Box Office on 01274 432000 or via the website: bradford-theatres.co.uk
- Barbara Dickson: Friday 15 February
- Robert White, the comedian who reached the finals on this year’s Britain’s Got Talent: Saturday 16 February
- Stewart Francis: Saturday 13 April
- Previous Former Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif sentenced to 10 years on corruption charges
- Next Massive thumbs up for proposals to redevelop Forster Square Rail Station