Lord Mayor to visit Royal Mail office to thank staff for their hard work
By ANISAH ARIF
The Lord Mayor of Bradford will visit the the Royal Mail Office ahead of the busy Christmas season.
Councillor Zafar Ali, will arrive at the Keighley Delivery Office on Friday 21 December to see first-hand the operation of delivering Christmas posts.
He will also use this opportunity to pass on early Season’s greetings to its dedicated, hardworking staff.
The Lord Mayor will be shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Colin Riley and meet the postmen and women, who will be pulling out all the stops to sort and deliver mail in Keighley and the surrounding area in the forthcoming busy Christmas period.
The Festive Season is Royal Mail’s busiest period, as millions of people shop online for gifts as well as sending Christmas cards and parcels. Royal Mail also plays a key role in e-commerce for many businesses sending goods to customers throughout Christmas shopping season.
Lord Mayor, Councillor Zafar Ali said: “At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period. There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas all over the country.
“I’m looking forward to meeting the team at Keighley and will personally thank them for the lengths they go to ensure Christmas parcels and cards are delivered to loved ones on time.”
Residents are reminded to post early this Christmas. The last recommend posting dates for Christmas are:
- Second Class – Tuesday 18 December 2018
- First Class – Thursday 20 December 2018
- Special Delivery – Saturday 22 December 2018
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use the postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: https://www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.
- Previous Prime Minister May Wins Crucial Confidence vote
- Next Bradford Council staff donate food item to families this Christmas