Power Brands Global Event honours world’s most recognisable brands and change-makers
Share this story
International entrepreneurs, investors, CEOs, political figures including former Presidents and Prime Ministers academicians, media giants, sports and film personalities convened in London for the second edition of Power Brands Global and London International Forum for Equality (LIFE) Summit. The ceremony saw high profile global leaders in politics, business, sport and philanthropy inducted into the Power Brands Hall of Fame at the Hilton Kensington, London.
The event was powered by the Centre for International Competitiveness & Research (CICR), an organisation providing research for the business, policy making and academic communities, focused on the level of competitiveness of businesses within economies and presented by Contentra Technologies USA, a leading publishing services, digitisation and content transformation company. Power Brands Global also coincided with the London International Forum for Equality (LIFE) Summit, a unique confluence of some of the most powerful and humane international minds from the sphere of politics, business, academics and entertainment.
The evening was presided over by hosts sports journalist, author and broadcaster Ian Stafford, and model-actress Ellie Torrez, with India’s leading 24-hour English-language news channel TIMES NOW supporting the event as Media Partner. Power Brands Global also provided much attention from 10 global leaders inducted into the Power Brands Hall of Fame. Experts in their respective fields, each awardee was commended for building a brand that has promoted faith, hope and commitment to spreading equality, and were honoured with their induction into the Power Brands – Hall of Fame. This year’s inductees featured figures from the Charity/ Not for Profit sector, Sports, Politics and Business. They included:
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – one of UK’s most successful Paralympian –
- Mr. Zlatko Mateša, PhD – the 6th Prime Minister of the Republic of Croatia & current President of the Croatian Chamber of Commerce – Croatian Olympic Committee –
- Claude Ajit Moraes MEP – UK (London) – Labour Member of the European Parliament for London and Chair of the European Parliament’s Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs Committee (LIBE)
- Neena Gill MEP – UK (West Midlands) – third term as a Labour member of the European Parliament for the West Midlands. Spent over 18 years working in social housing in a variety of inner-city areas across the UK to tackle issues of social deprivation and homelessness and hit the headlines by setting up the country’s first Asian only sheltered accommodation
- Virendra Kumar Sharma MP – UK (Southall) – vocal humanitarian activist and is a member of the Council of Europe Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights. Chairs the Indo-British All-Party Parliament Group leads APPG for Gurkha Welfare and Co-chairs APPG on Nepal, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis Group
- John Atwal OBE – His brainchild Premier Decorations started almost 30 years ago from nothing and now employs 250 people at its peak in the year
- Mike Tobin OBE – serial technology entrepreneur and philanthropist. As the former ‘maverick’ CEO of Telecity Group, the FTSE 250 data centre operator he took from £6million to £3billion, Michael is known across the globe as the leader who created the data centre industry in Europe.
- Bright Simons – Ghanaian social innovator, entrepreneur, writer, recognised by the World Economic Forum as a young Global Leader. President of the mPedigree Network, a system that empowers consumers to instantly verify with a free text message whether their medicines are safe and not counterfeit.
Prof Arindam Chaudhuri who presented the Global Wage Equality Vision Document based upon Dr. Malay Chaudhuri and his forthcoming book to fight for a just world with 3:1 ratio of wages between the highest paid worker to the lowest paid worker, said: “This vision that we have nurtured for decades and formally announced on 5th May this year, will now gain momentum with such powerful people spreading the word. I am myself embarking on a 15-nation tour in the first phase to present a paper to Political and Corporate leaders across countries.”
Power Brands Global and the London International Forum for Equality (LIFE) Summit was powered by The Centre for International Competitiveness & Research (CICR) and presented by Contentra Technologies USA, a leading Publishing Services, digitisation and Content transformation company.
Tags Power brands global
- Previous To donate or not to donate! Charitable spending by Muslim charities
- Next Male pilgrim jumps to death from roof of Grand Mosque in Makkah