The winter months are upon us and the weather is getting colder every day. Now is the time to start thinking about how to protect your hair from the effects of the cold, wet weather. This November, Asgar Saboo, Style Director of the Daniel Galvin Salon and hairstylist to stars including Cindy Crawford, Eva Longoria, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan, has suggested the top tips to maintain healthy hair this winter.
Here are Saboo’s top tips on healthy hair this winter:
- Condition your hair. Cold air or dry heat from indoor heating can cause your hair to lose moisture and become dry and flaky. Treating your hair with a good quality deep-conditioning serum or balm will help to replenish moisture.
- Don’t wash your hair too often. Not washing your hair too often will preserve moisture in the hair and prevent it from becoming coarse and unmanageable. Always dry your hair before leaving the house – not just to avoid getting a cold but also to keep your hair from becoming brittle and dry.
- Keep your hair covered. You can either use a hat or silk scarf to protect it from rain, snow or wind. A sudden change of weather can cause a lot of damage to your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly. A light trim every 6 to 8 weeks will do wonders to prevent split ends.
- Use good quality heat defence spray. If you tend to use heat styling tools make sure to apply heat spray or leave-in conditioner to keep your hair hydrated, soft and shiny.