With National Rice Week in full swing (13-21st September), there has never been a better time to whip up a delicious dish with the iconic staple, and East End Foods are calling on food lovers everywhere to tear open a rice packet and get creative in the kitchen.
As a member of the Rice Association UK, East End Foods celebrates the popular grain universally enjoyed from ancient Eastern palaces to modern day food lovers, East End Foods is encouraging everyone to cook their favourite rice dishes or explore its infinite possibilities.
With plenty of benefits, it’s the perfect opportunity to grab that kitchen staple and get experimenting!
- It’s quick & easy: You can knock up a pot of fluffy Basmati rice in 10 mins
- It’s adaptable: A versatile base for all your favourite crowd-pleasing dishes
- It’s a store cupboard saviour: With a long shelf life it always comes in handy
- It fits for all major dietary requirements: Both gluten-free and vegan
Why not try out East Ends Foods’ easy Basmati rice recipe, to add some flavour and spice to this popular grain:
Recipe: Basic Rice Recipe (3 servings)
- 1 cup of uncooked East End Basmati rice
- 5 cups of water
- Thoroughly wash rice, or soak in water for 10 minutes prior to cooking
- Place rice and water in medium saucepan over medium high heat with no lid
- Bring water to a simmer, place a tight lid on and turn heat down to medium low
- Cook for 12 minutes without lifting the lid
- Once all the water is absorbed, remove the saucepan from heat and leaves for 5 minutes with the lid on
- Fluff the rice with a fork and enjoy!
East End Foods’ Basmati range – of white and brown rice – can be found in independent stores, Asian specialist shops and within the world food sections at Tesco, Asda and Ocado, so you can feel confident that you’re adding the most authentic products to your kitchen shelves.