The family of an 11-year-old Bradford schoolboy found hanged in his bedroom will be marking their sons second death anniversary as they continue to deal with life without him

Tragedy hit parents Asif and Fareena Khan in September 2016 when Asad Khan was discovered lifeless in his room.

The bright youngster was found by his mother after she forced her way into his room in Tile Street, Manningham, just weeks after he started secondary school in 2016

An inquest which was launched to investigate Asad’s death, concluded that circumstances around the Beckfoot Upper Heaton student was ‘unclear’ and coroner Martin Fleming could not say if Asad had been bullied as he believed there was no evidence to support this.

Asad’s family however, believe otherwise and had walked out of the inquest disappointed when the coroner refused to hear, what they believed was ‘vital’ evidence to the investigation.

The family never accepted the verdict recorded by coroner Martin Fleming, saying they felt they had been “put on trial rather than be treated with any respect as bereaved parents”. The family continue to find it hard to be at peace or gain closure surrounding their son’s untimely death.

The family have since made a complaint about police conduct to the IOPC (Independent Office for Police Conduct), which is ongoing.

During the inquest procedures the family had insisted, that their son had spoken to the school student manager, Jane Berry, whose job it is to deal with bullying in the school. Ms Berry however, failed to recall any such conversation took place. The family police liaison officer however, had informed the family during a discussion at their new family home that there was CCTV showing Asad speaking to Ms Berry.

The liaison officer later denied offering this information, but the family challenged this by complaining to the IOPC who have now acknowledged in a letter to the family that the liaison officer did in fact give them information that she later denied.

Ruth Bundey, of Ison Harrison who represented the family during the inquest has been dealing with the IOPC complaint.

She told Asian Sunday: “So far, the IOPC accept that the family’s liaison officer did give them information that she subsequently denied she gave, thereby misleading the Coroner which meant that further crucial investigation did not take place. The further investigation by professional standards was again inadequate and now the subject of a further appeal.”

The family say they want to be able to move on with their lives, but feel it’s difficult to do so, with so many vital pieces of evidence still not presented which they feel will help piece together why Asad’s life ended so soon.

Father Asif Khan said: “I feel completely let down by the whole process and am disappointed at the way our son’s inquest was handled. The IOPC acknowledging the Police liaison officer’s fault is not going to bring my son back, but the grieving process has been made a lot more difficult due to how my family and I have been treated throughout this investigation. I don’t know if my family and I will ever get the answers we need, and this makes it ever more difficult to gain closure. Please keeps my family and I in your prayers and thoughts”